Thursday, 8 March 2012

Getting out and about

It's been a couple of weeks since I last wrote...and a busy couple at that.

Jude is reaching the 13 week mark tomorrow and he is sharing many more smiles with us. He has a thing for light and shiny things over toys...aluminium, lights and the air conditioning grate in our unit! He just stares and chuckles to himself as he looks at the grate or the light outside. If this continues he is going to be a very affordable child to maintain!

He loves the outdoors and seems instantly content as soon as we step out of the front door. I have made friends with a Hungarian neighbour who is a stay at home mum with 2 girls and she has been lending Jude play mats and toys because she knows we are going away and don't want to buy too much this year. She often calls out when I am feeding him on the balcony and asks "how is little Jude today?"

Nanny Barb has been here to visit again and Nathan, Abbie, Henry and Jasper made a trip to Sydney to say hi. Nathan snapped away at Jude and Jasper sitting together...we look forward to seeing the pics!

Jude is now 6.4kgs and 63cm tall...just 2 cm short of his dad at the same age. No wonder he doesn't stop eating!

I made it to my first parents group...I missed the first week because my car was being repaired...and in the second week I managed to arrive an hour late, Jude whinged the entire time while all the other babies were swaddled and sleeping peacefully on the floor (looked like something out of a Pampers ad!) and I had to leave early because my parking time was up. Not the best first impression!

A couple of the mothers seemed ok but all the babies are 6 weeks or under and the lecture was on topics no longer relevant to Jude. Not sure that I want to persevere...

Poor Jude managed to pick up a cold last weekend somewhere and has passed it onto me. I think if you can nurse a sick child while being sick yourself, you can do anything! He is sleeping even less now and I am SO tired. And yet when I took him into James' work today everyone said how well I looked...such good fibbers. :-)

James only has about 8 weeks left of work before we are officially nomads. We are getting very excited about the prospect of travelling around Europe. And I can't wait to introduce both Jude and James to my family and friends.

I am looking forward to the weekend - breakfast and a walk in Balmain with my 2 favourite men. Fingers crossed the rain has abated by then!

Love Nic x

No comments:

Post a Comment