We took Jude along to his 8 week paediatrician appointment last night and is doing well.
In the past 2 weeks he has gone from 5.3kg to 5.45kg in weight and is now up to 62cm long (average for his age is 58cm). I am always interested in the weight part to make sure the breast feeding is ok and James is more interested in the height...of course. :-) Dad calls him a 'giraffe' - that's Jude, not James!
My parents group commences on 21 February which I am a little dubious about...I have this stereotypical vision of people sitting in a circle in a large empty hall (bit like an AA meeting!) taking turns in sharing their poo stories...my worst nightmare...I'm sure that won't be the case (for the most part) and I aim to attend on the day with an open mind...and a nice takeaway cappucino. :-)
The days seems to merge into each other...I have lost all grasp of which day it is and my clock is set by feeding times. Jude is winning the hearts of everyone in the local area - they see him everyday around 9am on our morning walk. The Chinese girl at our local coffee shop knows him by name and loves to say hi to him each day as I wait for my coffee.
As a Comms person I love to interpret his facial expressions and sounds and work out what he wants - he makes a "oooh" utterance when he's saying "Food NOW please"while his mouth forms an oval shape and he juts his head forward quickly. He also has a lot of thinking poses...puts his hand under his chin when he is asleep and frowns while staring intently at things. When he is satisfied with something he makes a clicking noise with his tongue.
He's now calling for the next feed...will upload some more videos for you all this weekend.
Love Nic x
I was dubious about mothers groups too. I couldn't imagine that just because we had all had a baby at the same time we would be friends. Turns out not all of us were, but now two of my closest friends are from that group. Most of all it's a place to feel like you're not alone. While we all have family support it's good to be around people going through exactly the same things as you at the same time. And my advice would be to make sure that cappucino is a decaf to avoid the coffee stares (I get them when I'm drinking coffee while breast feeding).
ReplyDelete