Sunday, 29 January 2012

7 weeks - SOS!

Thanks to Nanny Barb for helping out the past week. She has been non stop researching and experimenting with solutions to achieve the happy Jude enigma. Ironically, the day after she left marked a breakthrough with Jude not sleeping through the day, having lots of painful wind and crying a lot...all thanks to Neenz sending through the 'Save Our Sleep' (SOS) book by Tizzie Hall which I have been reading and following religiously. He is a completely different and content baby now.

We are following the below routine for the next 2 weeks:
7am Feed
8.15am Sleep
10.15am Feed
11.45am Sleep
1.30pm Feed
3pm Sleep
4.45pm Feed
5.45pm Bath
6pm Feed
7pm Sleep
9.45pm "Dreamfeed"
Night feeds on demand

Occasionally we adapt the day to incorporate a small outing to maintain mum and dad's sanity! For those that aren't aware of the book, there are routines that guide you through to your baby reaching the 2 year mark...and they work!!

I have been so tired the past week that I managed to forget I had bottles, teats and dummies in a boiling pot of water sterilising and managed to burn the water dry and melt everything to the pan...TWICE in one week! Sleep deprivation will see you do many silly things...

So Neenz (and Tizzie) - we owe you a magnum of champers! And with that I have to return back to the routine...

Love Nic x

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your getting somewhere with the routines hun.

    Lots of online information says routines aren't really appropriate for kids under 3 months... but Tizzie's always worked for me!!

    Also, good luck with the dreamfeed. I think Jill was able to do it successfully, but it never worked for me. I tried several times with both Avie and Lil, but it just resulted in them being more awake and taking 2-2.5hrs to resettle. I ended up saying, 'after 7pm if they're sleeping, let them sleep'.

    Lovely to see you the other day. Let me know when you're free this week or next and we can maybe meet for coffee at top ryde?

    J xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to hear that the Tizzie Hall book is working of you. definitely covers a lot of bases and seems that once you have the digestion sorted he settles nicely. I know it can be an uphill battle, Hana used to suffer all sorts of pains until we could get out all that trapped air.

    ReplyDelete