Thursday, 29 December 2011

Jude's Aus Passport Photo

Being a new mum makes you appreciate the simple things in life...sleeping for more than 1 hour in any given time, showering or going to the toilet with the door closed, getting to appointments on time, shopping or going to a restaurant without having to get a breast out every 2 hours...which is where this story comes in.

I think I reached a new mothering low today trying to get a passport picture of Jude. We went to the Kodak store in Macquarie Shopping Centre with him just waking in the car capsule. I purposely picked this time as he would have his eyes open but not be too cranky, though there is only a 2-3 minute window before he realises he is hungry and all hell breaks loose. Well sleepy Jude wouldn't open his eyes and then cranky Jude came into effect...eyes still not open but mouth wide and playing a howling tune.

I decided it would be a good idea to trundle off to the parents room and give him half a breast feed, retry getting the picture and then finish off the feed. But they didn't have a parents room. They only had a disabled toilet that had been pee'd in and not flushed and generally smelt. When I reached the toilet, James discovered we were over our 1 hour parking limit so he went off to move the car and Jude was screaming his lungs out. So I was left to SQUAT DOWN ON THE DISABLED TOILET FLOOR and breast feed Jude in my arms. Meanwhile the automatic disabled lock decided to disengage every 5 minutes because it must have thought no one was in there with me not moving around so I had to keep getting up in the process (without un-attaching and disturbing his lordship) and pressing the lock button each time. I truly understand the term "multi-tasking" now. James and I took a moment to reflect on what our lives had now become!

Anyway, 30 minutes later the Kodak assistant managed to get a very average photo of Jude - he decided he was only going to open his eyes and look anywhere near the camera for one picture - just as well it gets renewed before he's 18!

We're slowly getting into a better routine though each day Jude decides to change something on us. Life would be boring if not...

It will be interesting to see what happens when Mum goes back to the UK next week and James returns to work on the 9th. Hopefully a state of routine and contentment!

I am trying to snatch moments here and there to share more Jude photos with everyone so bear with me - will be sending a link through shortly.

Love Nic x

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry Nic, Passport photos of bubs is never an easy task and I can imagine the effort required to achieve this at his age and I know photo shops usually don't have a comfy couch to feed on :( and I guess you haven't tried a bottle yet. I'm sure you'll be great when left to your own devices at home, you'll get your own special routine going :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember a similar state where on my own with Hana feeding in a disabled toilet. Gross hey!

    ReplyDelete