Well I am now 38 weeks and 3 days and had my 38 week scan this morning. Nothing has changed from last week and Bean is showing no signs of moving from his/her comfortable home anytime soon.
I think he/she will come towards the end of next week (though this may just be wishful thinking!) - Fri 2 or Sat 3 maybe (due date is the 6th). I've told the obstetrician that I am not booking my 41 week appointment with him because I won't need it. He just laughed.
Bean is already showing some funny characteristics. He/she moves around constantly in the waiting room yet the minute the obstetrician is doing the ultrasound, Bean is very still and hides his/her face with both hands. And then we get into the car and Bean goes crazy again. It's the same with every scan. James and I are definitely going to be kept on our toes!
We are getting a hired baby capsule fitted tomorrow morning. It will be both strange and exciting to see it in the car! The 'bag' is already in the car boot so we are as prepared as we can be.
Sleep is eluding me already - I am now left with one comfortable position (lying on my left side) in bed...I can't even lie on my right side now because Bean's bottom sticks out and I wake up after an hour feeling very sore! And I am getting up at 12am, 3am and 5am because Bean is moving or I am uncomfortable. Poor James is feeling the sleep deprived effects too because he seems to be extra sensitive to my movements at the moment...so when I move, he wakes. It seems we are already prepared for the sleepless nights!
This has been my first week off work. Sadly it has rained incessantly so I've been pretty bored inside...I don't think there is anything left to prepare for Xmas or to clean in the unit now! I did manage to meet up with a couple of girls I used to work with for coffee too which is nice. I'm starting to wonder what I am going to do next week. Ideas are most welcome...:-)
Well that's it from me. Hope you're all well. Fingers crossed I have some more exciting news next time I write to you.
Nic x
No comments:
Post a Comment